How we use your information
This notice is to help parents/carers understand how and why Childcare Answered may collect personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual and relates to you. This
includes your contact details, financial information, educational and health information as well as
information such as ethnic group, photographs and video recordings.
How and why does Childcare Answered collect and use personal information?
We set out examples below ways in which we use personal information and where this information comes from.
- We obtain information about individual staff members relating to your employment status and details you provide to us on employment
- We may hold information about customers relating to the arrangements in place between us in the Contract for Services that exists between us.
- We may process financial information about your organisation in relation to payment of invoices.
Sharing personal information with third parties:
- In accordance with our legal obligations, we may share information with the local authorities and with OFSTED (for example where we have any safeguarding concerns),
- On occasion we may need to share information with the police.
- We may use advisors to assist us in fulfilling our obligation to help run the setting properly. We might need to share your information with them if this is relevant to their work.
This means that the processing is necessary for legitimate interest except where the processing is unfair to you. Childcare Answered rely on legitimate interest for most of the ways in which it uses for information. Specifically we have a legitimate interest in:
- Providing agency staff to our childcare customers to enable them to provide their service
- Promoting the objects and interests of the Company.
- Facilitating the efficient operation of the organisation and
- Ensuring that all relevant legal obligations of the organisation are complied with
Necessary for a contract:
We will only use your information in order to perform our obligations under our contract with you.
We may ask for your consent to use your information in certain ways. If we ask for your consent to use your personal information you can withdraw this consent at any time. Any use of your information before you withdraw remains valid.
How long do we keep your information:
We will keep staff information for one tax year after employment with the organisation ends
For clients/customers we will keep the information for the duration of our agreement with them
What decisions can you make about your information
Your rights are as follows:
- If information is incorrect you can ask us to correct it;
- You can ask what information we hold about you and be provided with a copy.
- You can ask us to delete the information that we hold about you in certain circumstance. For example, where we no longer need the information;
- You can ask us to send you, or another organisation certain types of information about you in a format that can be read by computer;
- Our use of information about you may be restricted in some cases. For example, if you tell us that the information in inaccurate we can only use it for limited purposes while we check its accuracy
- You can object to direct marketing
- You can claim compensation for damages caused by breach of Data Protection regulations.
Further information and guidance:
We will keep your information safe, only use it for what we said we would, destroy it when we no longer need it and most importantly – treat the information we get fairly.
If you consider that we have not acted property when using your personal information you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: ico.org.uk.